Our company has started the final commissioning phase of Berrybank Stage-1 Wind Farm.
Because we are committed to the welfare and development of the communities in which we operate, we are collaborating with the Federation University of Australia in creating the Asia Pacific Renewable Energy Technology Transition Centre (APRETCentre) whose construction will begin in 2021 on its Mt. Helen campus.
• With this award, in addition to the one announced last week, Naturgy increases its current presence in Australia by more than 50% and confirms its commitment to renewables growth in the country.
• Berrybank 2 is the second project awarded in a public auction by the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government to Naturgy, through Global Power Generation (GPG) in Australia, its subsidiary for international power generation.
• The total planned investment amounts to AUD 215 m, equivalent to approximately €131 m.
• Along with this project, Naturgy will also deploy a battery storage facility, its first investment in this field in Australia, a country at the forefront of large-scale battery utilization
– Naturgy doubles its presence in Australia, becoming the Top-3 independent wind energy producer in the country and confirming its commitment to renewables growth in Australia through its Global Power Generation joint venture (GPG).
– Ryan Corner is the third project developed by GPG in Australia and the first one under a Corporate PPA. The project will entail a total investment of AUD359m, equivalent to approximately €219m.
The Regional Government of Victoria in Australia announced the award to GPG of a total 180 MW of power output for the construction of a wind farm located 150 km from the State capital, Melbourne. This is the first inorganic investment by the Naturgy group since the presentation of its strategic plan 2018-2022.